Primary Classmate Gathering! Really Unbelievable!

How many people actually do meet up with their x-schoolmate ever since they step into the working life? I can say lots of you all did not do such gathering activities, maybe for some "yum cha" with the university or college mate, but I don't think is with the secondary or even primary x-schoolmates. Few weeks ago, me and few of my primary classmate, suddenly meet-up, and felt like having a gathering for our primary fellas, and they put me incharge of it! Even me myself couldn't believe it and I don't even know why I agree to do so. Well, since I'd agreed so I had to do it. More than 14 years did not see each other, surely won't have any contact of them, so went online look for the best scource, Friendster.com! Go to search - and type "Puay Chai", age range from 23 - 26. Guess what, I did manage to find some of my primary classmates profile!

Click their profile and look at their photos and compare with my class photo last time and do comparison to double confirm somemore! I really can't believe it again on what I was doing. At the end of the day, get to found roughly 5 - 7 people, luckily there are few who replied, and few of them did agree on coming but most of them are either not coming or not confirm.

The day of gathering finally arrived. It was being calculated that around 10 people would be present (including those who are not confirmed), but in the end 5 person showed up, that was including me and plus another person which is actually one of the attendee's colleague. So that makes the number to 6. Well, at least half of the expected people made it. lolz.

We had our dinner at Shogun, One Utama and as usual, once meet up, loads and loads of questions from each and everyone, who they still contact with, who and who are now doing what, who already get married, who are not around Malaysia, how is our teachers and stuffs. Of course we did dig a lot of old stories which happened during primary period regardless of happy or unhappy. Seriously did brought back loads of memories, although there are lots of cold joke, but still it's kind of fun and enjoying. We stayed at Shogun until almost 2000, which was about time for them to call for the day. Paid the bill and manage to snap a photo of us.

Don't ask me why but i just felt that this photo looks like that drama

Thanks for those who attend, and for those who did not, hopefully the next gathering(if there is) you all can make it ;) Some time later, maybe around few more weeks I might come out with a list of our classmate during primary and put it up. Easier for contact!

seraphangel said during April 23rd, 2007 at 10:50 pm

ah, gatherings, especially primary school friends, I normally have annual primary gatherings as well, surprisingly the number of ppl who turned out last year was quite encouraging, more than the estimated number at least, wonder what it will be like this year what with some of them getting married soon.

Nastasshea@Nesh said during April 24th, 2007 at 12:16 am

Hahaha!! The pictures with the drama logo looks just darn funny!!! Really reminds me of TVB drama show. Hehehe! So nice to catch up with oldmates ya! I’m still keeping in touch with few of my primary school mates and catch up with yam char. Nothing huge like what you did! Only kept my good friends back then! Hehehe!

Wow must have TONS to catch up after so many years!

Nastasshea@Nesh said during April 24th, 2007 at 12:18 am

You know, some of them look familiar.. what primary school or secondary school were they from? Hmm..maybe from same church. Or simply someone who looks like my friends…haha!

boon said during April 24th, 2007 at 1:09 am

@seraphangel: mayb this year they will carry something extra when attending the gathering?:D

@Nesh: Really TONS of things to talk, tat’s y we stayed till so late in the restaurant. Primary was PuayChai, secondary some was in seapark, sri aman etc. Which one looks familiar anyway?

pinksterz said during April 24th, 2007 at 3:49 am

ahahaha! reunion is always nice.

i also managed to track back my ol’ childhood friend during kindergarten thru friendster! after 14 years of perpisahan. haha!

Tiny said during April 24th, 2007 at 12:37 pm

sure it was a sweet memory to you:)

It’s quite a long time i din attend such gathering because usually i was the organizer for them lolz. Since i study in Labuan, it’s hard to do so. But now, i work in Selangor but still, i do not feel like want to do such gathering because we still contact to each other always lolz.

However, a gathering is always good for us to knowing what happen to each others. But for me, the most important is the gathering always make me feel warm and it is a good way to relax 😛

Aeres said during April 24th, 2007 at 1:55 pm

I used to live with my primary school friends in in MMU. So its gathering everyday!!

Aeres said during April 24th, 2007 at 1:57 pm

The guy on the left also looks kinda familiar…hmmm….

Nastasshea said during April 24th, 2007 at 3:48 pm

Hey I forgot to mention about the link u linked me. Hehe! It’s not ‘Once Upon A Time Ler’ ler..

It’s My Fairy-Tale’ Hehe! Change yar! Thank u!!

Erm the 2 girls look familiar lor… not sure why… so familiar.

boon said during April 24th, 2007 at 6:28 pm

@pinksterz: wow! i couldn’t even remember who are my kindergarten classmate! respect u… even for primary classmate, if i really see some of them on the street which i never seen them recently, i couldn’t even recognize them, without even speaking of kindergarten. lolz

@Tiny: being the organizer sometimes do feel sux cause all the time worrying how many people will actually show up during that day and what if everything doesn’t go on what u expected. But of course, this is just the in between. During that day itself, u will feel relieve and glad even if the person who showed up did not meet the expectation 😛 and yes, it does brings me back lots of memories 😀

@Aeres: There are few of my primary classmate were in MMU with me also, but did not really meet often though. wonder why huh…anyway, hey dude. the left guy looks familiar huh, i also felt the same way, seems like seeing him every morning in somewhere.lolz, and i could said that ur memory is damn good! 😀

@Nesh: Opps sorry, put it there coz i saw the header of ur journal site. Changed it already 😉 mayb those 2 gals have common face! lolz…anyway, the gal on the right studied in Sri Aman FYI

seraphangel said during April 24th, 2007 at 11:34 pm

Aeres, you see the guy on the left every morning?

boon said during April 25th, 2007 at 1:26 am

oh man, i hope he’s not…it would be scary if he does…

Aeres said during April 25th, 2007 at 10:55 am

Yea I fantasize about him every now and then…..:P

Fiona said during April 25th, 2007 at 11:25 am

Primary classmate? -.-” i dont think i can even reached my primary friends at all..secondary school maybe lar..primary is too way long..

boon said during April 25th, 2007 at 1:55 pm

@Aeres: oh man, u gonna be kidding me! no way! uek!

@Fiona: well, IF u wanna try contact ur old old friend, at the time being friendster might be the very best place to do so 😀 but meeting up with them really u can get ur brain cell digging out all the old time memories…