Yahoo! Mail Beta Version

Yahoo Mail!

I believe most of you all had tried using the Yahoo! Mail Beta Version which has started quite sometimes ago. It now uses the ajax technology like what’s google’s gmail using. Of course I am not going to touch anything about who adapted who, and basically I don’t care about these as all I care is just the ease of use and also the matter of convenient. Ever since I first exposed to the Internet, my very first email account was created until Yahoo!, and is use until now. This beta version of the mail system I personally like it a lot as all the mail integration such as view, delete, reply, flag, spam etc are just a click or a press away. Why a press away? This is because they added a new main function which I think is solely only on Yahoo!, Shortcut Key. With just a simple press on N you could compose a new message, a press of R when a mail which you are reading is selected will bring you to a reply mail window right away, you could even delete a particular mail when you are viewing it by just pressing Del. Easy and Convinient!. However, recently they’ed added something in which I found it to be quite annoying.

Last week, when I was in the middle of checking my Yahoo mail. I found that the page loads extremely slow and lag compare to normal. Of course I did not pay attention to anything as during the loading period all the layout was messed up. After the loading was complete and all the layout was in the right order, I started to check my mail. All of a sudden a sound together with a new mail window just came out from no where. It was some sort of chatting type of interface, and when I saw the name of the person who messaged me, it was one of my friend who is on my yahoo messenger. FYI, I did not login to my yahoo messenger for decades due to the massive spam messages and virus. Then I look around the yahoo mail window, only I realize that Yahoo! had added a new function there, built in Yahoo! Messenger!

Chat Window

Yahoo! Messenger

Well, did my chatting on it because it has been quite a while I did not talk with him eversince my last log in to my Yahoo! Messenger. The next day, same thing I open up my Yahoo! Mail. Oh crap! it load very slow and lag again, reason is because the attempt on signing in to my Yahoo! Messenger. As for as I know, it actually forced you to sign in to the messenger as soon as you sign in to you mail. I think that this really doesn’t really help in terms of convenience, but on the other hand it annoyed the user like me which doesn’t use the messenger nowadays. Maybe they want to encourage yahoo users to use the messenger more often as my guess the number of yahoo messenger users are getting lesser and lesser. Even so, they should have enable the option to automatically sign in or not. At least it doesn’t burden the loading time when you login to the mailbox. Imagine those who are still using 56kps modem connection. It’s already a trouble for them to use this beta version, now added up with this new build in Yahoo! Messenger, it would really take ages for these users and eventually only return an error page to them.

Anybody has any comment on this Yahoo! Mail, beta version?

Aeres said during May 23rd, 2007 at 8:48 am

I don’t find the lag to be much of a bother, but the dual pane design ala outlook is extremely handy.

and uh…you chat session seems extremely dull?

hello?
yeah?
hello?
yeah?

boon said during May 23rd, 2007 at 11:09 am

to me actually matters especially i m in hurry to get something from my mail, of course with our superb connection~

hahha, it was actually some dummy text i put in order to take screenshot of it 😉

Nastasshea@Nesh said during May 23rd, 2007 at 12:03 pm

Ooooo interesting… i seldom browse yahoo so din’t know much. I know the email got beta but i tried using it and wasn’t really what I enjoyed! Hehehe!

Nastasshea@Nesh said during May 23rd, 2007 at 12:07 pm

I dunno how to do this feed thingie ler… says “The URL you entered does not appear to be a valid feed. We encountered the following problem: Error on line 5: The element type “meta” must be terminated by the matching end-tag “”.

Ish! Dun think blogdrive can do all these feed feed thing!

boon said during May 23rd, 2007 at 11:17 pm

Nesh, i suppose u not using yahoo mail right? is ok for the feed, already subscribe for the email notification 😉

boon said during November 12th, 2010 at 2:32 pm

well..as long as the blog content are informative and is what people would read, then it will draw traffic eventually 🙂

Best Spyware Removal Program said during November 26th, 2010 at 10:41 pm

Here’s a trick for users wishing to change the size of desktop icons. This is done by pressing once on the icon and then holding down the Ctrl Key, after which use your mouse’s scroll wheel to adjust the size of the icon, click into the desktop and refresh.

wedding photographer destin florida said during January 3rd, 2011 at 7:25 pm

wedding photographers destin fl

effective seo services said during January 15th, 2011 at 6:15 am

I appreciate, cause I found just what I was looking for. You have ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

valium said during January 26th, 2011 at 12:03 am

Can I simply say what a aid to search out somebody who actually knows what theyre speaking about on the internet. You definitely know easy methods to carry a difficulty to mild and make it important. Extra folks have to learn this and perceive this aspect of the story. I cant imagine youre no more well-liked because you undoubtedly have the gift.

Elouise Penick said during March 1st, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Awesome website you have btw

dsi games download said during August 17th, 2011 at 3:38 am

An interesting discussion is worth comment. I think that you should write more on this topic, it might not be a taboo subject but generally people are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers

Ukraine escort agencies said during August 23rd, 2011 at 3:27 pm

We got to get up and I in the morning already checking out your articles. Consequently something! Seriously useful facts. Thnkx!