Voltron – Defender of the Universe

Voltron

Familiar with the title of this post and the robot in the image up there? If you are one of the 80s baby, I am pretty sure you will know this. In fact you have to know it, if not you really have no childhood memories man! As far as i know there are actually 2 versions, one is the Lion Voltron, while the other is the Vehicle Voltron which consist of whole lots of vehicles combining to form voltron. However, among those 2 version I prefer the Lion Voltron, for what reason I really don’t know, maybe is because it is the first voltron that i watched during my childhood time time. Weeks ago somehow I had this full sets of Lion Voltron series together with a movie which both Lion and Vehicle Voltron in action, and of course I watched it, and err…the impact didn’t turn out as I expected. lolz. My advice to those who watched this during your young time and if you feel like watching it again now, think twice! It would have be better keep the good impression of it in your memory 😉 FYI, i watched the first 7 episode and i can’t take it anymore. Seriously is mainly for kid, not any else. 😛

Here are few familiar and nostalgia pictures for you all

1. Black Lion
    Black Lion – Pilot by Keith

2. Blue Lion
    Blue Lion – Initially Pilot Sven and later by Princess Allura

3. Red Lion
    Red Lion – Pilot by Lance

4. Yellow Lion
    Yellow Lion – Pilot by Hunk

5. Green Lion
    Green Lion – Pilot by Pidge

Of course, not to forgot the Villains of the Lion Voltron

King Zarkon | Haggar
King Zarkon and Haggar

Refreshing your memory a bit? here are somemore.

[audio:http://boonage.pjss2.net/media/audio/voltron.mp3]
Voltron Theme Song

Not enough for only listening? Here are 2 more video clips which really brings back more of your memory on voltron!

Lion Voltron – Opening

Lion Voltron – Forming Voltron

Hope you enjoyed it!

Gallivanter said during June 11th, 2007 at 10:21 am

I thought it was an okay cartoon, but far weaker to Thundercats, MASK and Transformers.

kailoon said during June 11th, 2007 at 10:53 am

lol~i know this cartoOn! I like it too…lol

I like the style he draw, more humanity less robotic. the way volton summon the blade is good too 🙂

nut said during June 11th, 2007 at 10:53 am

I still remember… lol. Thought of asking you to borrow me the cartoon, but dun think will watch back again after reading your blog. I like the lion and robot forming thing.

Aeres said during June 11th, 2007 at 11:25 am

There’s a movie coming out this year.

Rabbit said during June 11th, 2007 at 12:41 pm

I tarak tau this katun. T__T

pinksterz said during June 11th, 2007 at 1:41 pm

i oso tarak tau this cartoon. powerpuff girls i know lah!

MOJOJOJOJO! lol

ps regarding the post on the specs: if i am the same kind as rabbit, how come i don’t have two big pointed ears on my head? and fluffy stump for a tail? 😛

Scott said during June 11th, 2007 at 8:49 pm

Yes, Voltron was very kid oriented and watching the episodes today just isn’t the same. However, there is hope on the horizon. Voltron was an american adaptation of a much better japanese series. Currently, Voltron is being released on DVD and 3 of the 5 sets are out. The good news is that once all 5 are out, they are releasing 3 DVD sets of the ORIGINAL japanese series, complete with subtitles. Yes, it will be in a foreign language, but it will still be much better. The original show was nowhere near as kid-oriented as the american version (Sven actually dies in the original) and should be well worth the long wait to see.

boon said during June 11th, 2007 at 9:02 pm

@Gallivanter: how about silverhawk and Gforce? watched before?

@kailoon: i don’t think u will like it now 😛

@nut: yupe, better don’t watch it now, keep it good in ur memory 😉 the robot assembling no doubt is very classic.

@Aeres: please tell me u are kidding me!

@Rabbit: females maybe different a bit. then i m sure u heard before carebear gua…

@pinksterz: aiseh, powerpuff girls..nice meh? i dun think u wanna have a fluffy stump for a tail? 😛 arghh..make me headache on how to answer ur this question really -_-

@Scott: wow, if it’s true then it could be a good news! well, reason why sven was not dead in the american version probably because is a kids show where heroes won’t die. FYI, if you tried Super Robot Wars game, voltron will be included in one of the mechas!

seraphangel said during June 11th, 2007 at 10:22 pm

Jem, Carebears, My Little Pony, do those ring a bell? 😀 Especially for gals. Haha.

Seraph Chronicles said during June 11th, 2007 at 10:25 pm

Malaysian 80’s baby…

You are Malaysian 80s baby, read through this, we grew up watching Transformers, Thundercats, Woody Woodpecker, Chipmunks, Mickey Mouse, Jem, Mask, Ninja Turtles, Voltron, Baja Hitam, Ultraman n not forgettin POWER RANGERS n BUGS BUNNY!!! and anderra y…

Aeres said during June 12th, 2007 at 1:10 pm

Jem

boon said during June 12th, 2007 at 10:33 pm

is Jam or Jem btw?

Aeres said during June 13th, 2007 at 11:36 am

Jem Jem Jem

seraphangel said during June 14th, 2007 at 7:57 pm

It’s Jem

boon said during June 15th, 2007 at 1:04 am

alright alright, got it

Kenshi said during June 18th, 2007 at 11:21 pm

“My advice to those who watched this during your young time and if you feel like watching it again now, think twice! It would have be better keep the good impression of it in your memory”

not really… i watched star sheriffs again after erm… 10 years? it really was great coz u remember all the good things in the past xD

i like ur blogs coz im pretty much bored right now… webprogramer who got nuthing to do -.- horrible

boon said during June 19th, 2007 at 11:47 pm

hi Kenshi, thanks for dropping by.

what i meant with that sentence is for this Voltron. Not for others. Saber riders and star sherrifs of course will be different story.

blog said during October 30th, 2007 at 11:28 pm