Stiff Neck, Tried Before?

Imagine in a very pleasant morning with cool breeze and bird chirping outside your window just like they are singing to you, just when you slowly open up your lazy eyes, about to turn your head and found out that you had a STIFF NECK!!!! Now this really will spoil the mood for your whole day! I believe none of us here can run out from this fate! You can’t turn your head properly, you can’t have sudden body move, you can’t use and strength as any movement which require the body balancing muscle will trigger the pain on your neck, and because of these you can’t concentrate to drive, you can’t concentrate work! whole day mood – S P O I L T.

Eh, for me I did not have this stiff neck now, but I sprained my neck yesterday when playing badminton with my friend’s colleagues! The painess is almost, I would say is exactly the same as how stiff neck is!

Now how does this happened, it’s my opponent’s serve to me. Her position and the stand was clearly a high serve, and yes it was supposed to be a high serve, however the the shuttlecock was hit by the side border of her racquet instead of the usual string place, so the shuttlecock turned to be a net serve instead. As for me who are those type of people that really exercise will of course rush to the shuttlecock no matter how far I am, so from the far baseline rushed to the short line, stretched my body and arm to the max to get the shuttlecock hit. Yupe, I saved it. However once I stood up, realized there’s some weird feel on my neck. Of course I did not straight away stop playing as I thought it was just normal muscle pain, who knows after few minutes, I can’t really run or move anyway as once I move, my neck will have this needle poke feel. I still continue played, until another few minutes, the pain starts to kill me and I had no choice but to stop playing and ask one of them who are sitting on the bench to replace me. Sitting and resting on the bench. Another few more minutes had passed, my neck completely can’t turn much anymore, I turn I pain!

Of course doesn’t get better once I reach home, in fact the pain was even more killing! Can’t even wash and scrub my hair properly….Night time during sleeping, few times the pain woke me up when I turned my sleeping posture. Arrghhh~ this is really killing me until now~~~~

Applied some cream on my neck and massaged it myself, hope it will get better tomorrow!!

Ting Tit Lei said during July 26th, 2007 at 12:15 am

go buy Tokusen ! its some heat plaster thing that u stick on your neck. really really effective

boon said during July 26th, 2007 at 1:09 am

yao mou? i now using Perskindol, it tomoro still no better then i will get the Tokusen! thanks man! 😀

Jason said during July 26th, 2007 at 10:49 am

Woi…play badminton with ur friends colleague???!! Why din called me to join?? I dun care..ask them to join us in the following month..

Rabbit said during July 26th, 2007 at 11:27 am

Fuah.. sounds like some action movie only when u play badminton. Keke!

Ask gf massage massage lah, sayang sayang a bit shud be alright already one. Keke!

boon said during July 27th, 2007 at 12:25 am

@Jason: cant lah, their time is exactly the same as us!

@Rabbit: hahahha! play must play real real mah! this sat will ask her massage for me 😛 maybe can heal straight away!

Jonny said during July 27th, 2007 at 9:23 am

Wah, last time i overdo it with the dumbbells at gym and ended up having a stiff neck for 2 MONTHS!

That was horrible, just rest a lot and listen to whatever the doctors posted in your comments 🙂

seraphangel said during July 27th, 2007 at 9:53 pm

wah Jonny, you use your neck to left dumb bells? how you sprained your neck with dumb bells?

宝茹 said during July 27th, 2007 at 11:44 pm

Last time I played badminton, my leg muscles became super sore. I did not warm up properly, huhuhuhu.

Actually right now, my leg muscles are hurting still (not from badminton) but from walking, walking, walking, walking most of the time. Not just leisurely walking – brisk walking – to get to class, etc.

boon said during July 28th, 2007 at 11:42 am

@Jonny: wow! 2 months! gila man…1 already cant stand it even for 2 days…image 2 months…

@seraphangel: actually watever u do also there will have chnace to sprain the neck wan leh. Coz the neck act as the balance…wrong balance u kena.

@宝茹: hahhaah, thats more like too tired right?:D