Wiralution

Wiralution. This word maybe somebody is still not familiar with, this is actually a combination word of Wira + Evolution. Wira is Proton Wira of course, and Evolution is the Lancer Evolution from Mitsubishi. I did not know about cars much, especially local cars, but as far as I know proton wira’s design was actually based on Lan Evo car. Therefore this wira car can easily be mod to look like an Lan Evo, so the name Wiralution came into the picture.

Often there are these wira car which they changed their intercooler and front bumper, add a very low side skirt, add a very huge ready-to-fly-airplane-like spoiler, enlarge their tyre to 19″ etc, they even changed the front Proton Logo to a Mitsubishi logo. 80% looks like an Evo, but heck…still you can’t hide the fact that it is a Wira. Guess what? I really likes to see these car go over a high road bump. Feels so good you know~

a car type which is on the wiralution route

This car has evolve to a wiralution

Even for the side skirting there writen Evolution III

And yes, this is another reason why I don’t like proton cars, also it made me to dislike Lan Evo as well, though it might be faster than any other japanese monster car, but I can’t help to feel that the standard of it dropped due to this wiralution mod car.

You know what? I think this fella has done great work on modding his van! With just a simple car sticker, it shows how power and fierce that car is! lolz!!

Photo from Jason

Ting Tit Lei said during August 19th, 2007 at 4:18 am

what does the sticker say ? is it the sticker from initial d? lol

wajalution is more commonplace though

Aeres said during August 19th, 2007 at 9:23 am

Hey Boon, I think the 2nd photo IS a LanEvo III. The Wira looks really similiar, but the bonnet and the front (side) panels are totally different, more than just a bodykit can change. it seems the owner changed the wing mirrors though.

boon said during August 19th, 2007 at 10:57 am

hmm is it? but the back part is totally Wira’s back. Behind that cars are trees and fence, so I can’t take picture of it. Wait till I see this car again then i snap a picture of it again 😉

Aeres said during August 19th, 2007 at 1:43 pm

Yea the back will be slightly different. The back of an authentic EvoIII looks like

Even the doors are the same, just the lights are different.

seraphangel said during August 19th, 2007 at 5:21 pm

mmm….. I really hate those mod cars, if you can’t get the real thing just live with what you have, no need to cheat yourself with mods.

boon said during August 20th, 2007 at 1:20 am

@Aeres: hmmm…guess almost every part of it are evo’s part alright.lolz!

@seraphangel: well, if just to change the ekzos then still ok lah, and also nothing wrong in modding a car, just that I don’t like the lansi and show off attitude of those who modded their cars.

Jason said during August 20th, 2007 at 2:40 pm

That’s juz a LanEvo wannabe…change all the bodykits but engine leave stock! Based on the 2nd pic, u can noticed that, there is no intercooler..rear brake still used drum brake for a lanevo? WTF?!

boon said during August 20th, 2007 at 9:36 pm

saving money for the brake mod later on lah, spent all of it on other parts already! hahah!

boon said during September 1st, 2007 at 2:42 am

@Ting Tit Lei: yes! the sticker is the Initial D

Yan said during September 21st, 2007 at 9:58 pm

Not only Wira nowadays changed to Wiralution but guess wat guys..u can see even more Perodua Kancil change the name 2 Mira, and Kenari to Move.

Perodua Owners, no hard feeling. I’m only say the truth.

Yan said during September 21st, 2007 at 10:07 pm

Anyway, I, myself modify car too. I’m dirving an Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T Turbo & I never look down on anyone even wiralution o so call Kenari Move.

They are all car enthusiats, although they might not have the $$ to buy their dream car, but I do give them credit for the ideas & creativity they’ve done.

You can’t blame Wira, cos’ it’s look is originated from Mitsubishi. So they mod according to Mitsubishi style.

What u need pay attention is that some Proton Iswara have a sticker call “DOCH VTEC”, or simply “Type R” on a Toyota AE92.
Now, tat’s is really making me laugh!

boon said during September 24th, 2007 at 10:20 am

@Yan: hahahah Proton Iswara have a sticker call “DOCH VTEC”, or simply “Type R” on a Toyota AE92. Now that’s really lame of these kinda ppl man! Iswara -> DOHC VTEC, hahahah!!