Secret

Secret. The first movie directed by Jay Chow. Naturally for me of coursei won't go and watch it. However after a long and strong persuasion by my girlfriend, had no choice but to watch it, and ya..i admit i bias on this fella! No Reason! lolz! Anyway, the movie at least is better than expected. The way he acted no doubt was....not up to standard, but at least can see there are improvement compare to Initial D and Curse of the Golden Flower. The way he talks if it wasn't for the subtitle, i don't think i will understand a word coming out from his mouth.

Something that was very impressive is his piano playing skill. No question ask he's darn good at it. No fake, it's really him who's playing it. The story was not bad, a bit of time travel which some how reminds me of Sky of Love and also my big time favourite, Frequency. Also typical taiwanese long story, a lot of those taiwanese kawaii kind of slang when talking.

Well, the ending of the movie somehow is quite misleading. Jay Chow who's the only son and kid in the family at the end decided to go look for the girl and leave his dad alone. How could you do that right?? Immoral immoral! Tsk Tsk Tsk! I rather the ending to have him staying with his dad!

Girls who are fantasizing on romance story, guess you won't want to miss this movie. As i personally did not really like watching romance movie, plus the immoral ending, but points added for a good story and real piano action, so my rating for this movie is 7/10.

seraphangel said during September 16th, 2007 at 9:27 am

sounds boring, I’ll pass

宝茹 said during September 16th, 2007 at 10:27 am

Jay Chow!!! Haha. 😀

I saw a video of the piano playing in YouTube. Is this it? 😛

lukxiufung said during September 16th, 2007 at 11:01 pm

My boos said :”He look like a child in the movie – 满城尽带黄金甲”. I never watch any of his movie… Can’t make me to buy the ticket. Kind of waste…

boon said during September 17th, 2007 at 12:32 am

@seraphangel: guys like us wont purposely go and watch wan lah

@宝茹:errm..tat is the full MV, the piano wan is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nN-Ff6ctI0

@lukxiufung: errmm…in 满城尽带黄金甲 he really cannot lah, dunno how he can get the best supporting actor! damn!

lukxiufung said during September 17th, 2007 at 12:40 am

nowadays, all cant get away from commercial factor. He is famous singer in Asia, no doubt, publicity and reputation dominate!

hongkiat said during September 17th, 2007 at 1:31 pm

the movie is very good, no doubt you are just bias and shallow, lol :-)

宝茹 said during September 17th, 2007 at 9:17 pm

I think I saw the trailer to this movie before. The scene is so familiar~~

boon said during September 18th, 2007 at 9:30 am

@lukxiufung: well, commercial rules nowadays

@hongkiat: ceh~ u r just gay man!

@宝茹: hahaha! not worth to remember ar?:P

宝茹 said during September 18th, 2007 at 4:04 pm

Hahaha…your post made me want to watch the movie. :) If only it will be shown here…Hehehehe… 😛 Did your girlfriend liked the movie? Probably you are too bias e… hehehehe

boon said during September 18th, 2007 at 4:48 pm

@宝茹: well, true i m bias. When he first launch his album i m ok with him, in fact i like his song, but ever since the launch of his “qi li xiang” album, i began to dislike him.

宝茹 said during September 19th, 2007 at 10:52 am

I like the chorus of the song (Qi Li Xiang) very much. :) But anyway, I am not a huge fan. I just listen every now and then. 😛

Crystal said during September 22nd, 2007 at 11:55 am

I love this show very much !!!!!!!!!!!

So far is the best among all his movie. Especially the piano playing part really superb. Too bad Jakarta don’t have only have dvd hahaha. But most of them bought it so planned to re watched again tonite 😛

boon said during September 24th, 2007 at 10:15 am

@宝茹: hahaha, u have yet listen to the corrupted version of his this song 😛

@Crystal: well, among those 3, really this is the best. But still a no for me!!