Roundabout Usage

Roundabout, a great invention by the British which encourage slower and safer speeds. It does ensure a smooth and safe traffic compare to traffic lights IF they are use in a proper way. In nowadays, lots of roundabout had been converted to a cross-junction with traffic lights as it claims that roundabout cause nothing but serious jam and people blame that it’s because of the existing of roundabout, which i think is stupid and wrong! It’s all because of those stupid, not considerate, immoral, rude, no brainers, kitty cat drivers whom cause it! Why? How? let me educate u all a bit regarding on this.

An illustration explanation before start

The Cause

1. Drivers don’t dare to get themselve out to the roundabout because they claim that they can’t find any chance to enter into it as the cars coming from the right were way to fast. So, cars behind had to wait and wait and eventually the Q gets longer. Bullshit, there’s always chance to go out, learn how to estimate the speed of the car coming from the right and time yourself to come out fast and swift, once u come out no matter how fast the car is, they will surely slow down the speed to match up with yours!
  2. Drivers who intended to turn into 12, 3 or 6 o’clock use the 1st lane instead of the 2nd or 3rd lane. Smart Ass, the most stupid driver! Bear in mind 1st lane is always only for people who want to turn use the 9 o’clock exit!
  3. Drivers who intended to turn into 3 or 6 o’clock use the 2nd lane instead of the 3rd lane. WTH, you are just blocking the 3rd lane’s car to exit!
  4. Drivers who use the 2nd lane entrance cut into the most inner lane of the roundabout. Good work, you just block the car which enter using the 3rd lane entrance.
  5. Certain drivers who were currently in the roundbout purposely speed up their car when they see cars infront trying to come into the roundabout. Nothing but a loser’s attitude! This will cause the drivers from (1) don’t dare to come out ever!
  6. Do not signal when they are making their exit, dude…what are signals for? lighting up the signal light will drain up your power?

Just the above 5 factor is enough to cause massive jam in the roundabout, so what’s the correct way of using? See the picture below and tell me will this cause jam if everybody do the same

So people, use the roundabout wisely, don’t let the roundabout vanish from our world!

宝茹 said during January 9th, 2008 at 9:08 pm

:O

Amazed at the moving cars~~

:O — here again~~ :O

I keep referring to your 12 o’clock, 9 o’clock drawing to get it, hehehehe

Nux said during January 10th, 2008 at 1:16 am

haha….i like the moving cars graphic too 😉
yea, i guess malaysian drivers need to get educate with this!
unfortunately, section 17 (PJ) roundabout no longer there anymore…another roundabout gone!

Cometh said during January 10th, 2008 at 11:06 am

Cool animated graphic…. Don’t tell me you did it just for the post? The sheer dedication…… the time spent….. =p

seraphangel said during January 10th, 2008 at 6:47 pm

nice illustration on the roundabout, did you make that gif file yourself?

Princess Eileen said during January 11th, 2008 at 1:29 am

I bet you have to use roundabout to go to work. Else, what’s the rage? WUkakakaka…. Hey, one day got chance I must sit your car. I heard driving tells a lot about a person’s personality. WUkakaka.. Ah beng on the road!!!

Aeres said during January 11th, 2008 at 9:53 am

I think he got the .gif from wikipedia…hehe

keeyit said during January 11th, 2008 at 12:12 pm

hey, how you do the animated car ? amazing.. hehehe..

driving courtesy is what we should have ya 🙂

boon said during January 11th, 2008 at 1:21 pm

@宝茹: hahhaa, then i guess u all doesn’t use this naming convention in ur country?

@Nux: yaya!! the section 17 wan! after it changed to traffic light, the jam is even worst!

@Cometh & seraphangel: of course not! hahah, is from wikipedia 😀

@Princess Eileen: hahhaa, u guessed it right, goin work using the roundabout, going back that time use the traffic light which was being convert from roundabout! sure u wanna sit in my car? got insurance?

@Aeres: bingo! hahhaha, is from wikipedia 😉

@keeyit: well..to animate the car, do an animated gif image, but for this image, i grab it from wikipedia 😛

宝茹 said during January 12th, 2008 at 9:18 pm

Hahahaha…’coz I live in the Philippines. Drivers don’t follow rules, hahahahaha~~~ 😛 😛

Jimmy said during January 13th, 2008 at 2:12 am

Roundabouts are archaic. In todays environment, you have too many different types of drivers and vehicles. 17 year old drivers to 90 year old, fast cars, slow cars, motorcycles, big trucks and all the personalities.. .from road rage to scared drivers. You can not expect them to follow logic. They need street signs and lights to regulate an orderly flow.

AbbyC. said during January 13th, 2008 at 3:45 am

boon.. u forgot! ppl also bang alot during roundabout because using the wrong lane hahahaa

Princess Eileen said during January 13th, 2008 at 3:53 am

Hahaha…. shouldn’t I be the one asking do you have insurance? wukakaka

boon said during January 14th, 2008 at 10:42 am

@Jimmy: true. although still even with lights these ppl won’t 100% follow on it, motorcycles especially… Hey btw, thanks for visiting my blog 😉

@AbbyC.: ya! and my car just got knock by a motorbike in this roundabout because he use the wrong lane to turn! damn!

@Princess Eileen: i m well insured 😛 and how come i m the one who u should be asking?

Jason said during January 14th, 2008 at 11:14 am

The rothmans’s roundabout @ PJ = sux to the max!!!! Jam Jam Jam!!!!
Should check out 1 of the roundabout @ Shah Alam..got traffic light summore, cool!!

pinksterz said during January 14th, 2008 at 10:13 pm

i was about to compliment you on that animated image but turned out you curi from wikipedia. ceeeeeeeh~!

MerDuriaN said during January 14th, 2008 at 11:39 pm

I think signal plays an important rule…

kimfei said during January 15th, 2008 at 2:49 pm

u there got lot roundabout mer??u come shah alam then u know wats roundabout all about..i even found a big roundabout with traffic light in it..haha…

jesie said during January 15th, 2008 at 11:02 pm

Awesome graphic illustration of the roundabout. I have not seen one for a long time since I live in the US now. I believe we know the rules that we have to allow the vehicles on the right to go first but nobody seem to follow it when using the roundabout. We seem to rush out impatiently at the same time causing the jam.

Whether it’s a roundabout or traffic light, I think it has a lot to do with discipline to ensure a smooth flow of traffic. Over here, when we are at a 4-way junction, we stop and then take turns to let the one who stopped first to go first (on the right that stops first has right of way). No need a traffic police.

I was a brave driver before but if I were to drive in KL/PJ again, sure take hours to get to a place.

chingy said during January 20th, 2008 at 6:47 pm

I never understood roundabouts too. =(
And I’m afraid of em.

That’s the consequences of not driving right after I got my P license. T_T

boon said during January 21st, 2008 at 10:14 am

@Jason: hahhaa, yeah.. the rothmans roundabout is always jam, especially during peak hour, and once is jam, it affect a whole lot area!

@pinksterz: kakakaka, wikipedia the best source of almost everything 😛

@MerDuriaN: true! dunno why some ppl so lazy to signal!

@kimfei: gila lah, roundabout + traffic light O_O

@jesie: hey jes, thanks for stopping by 😉 ya, oversea’s citizen are more obedient and polite in terms of driving. A lot of foreigners which i met said that malaysia traffic’s crazy, really need to have a lot of GUTS to be on the road…

@chingy

bigDanny said during March 1st, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Good post, but it seems no longer relevant

liuhuan said during August 16th, 2011 at 10:38 pm

I’ve learned a lot from your blog here,Keep on going,I will keep an eye on it,One more thing,plz visit my websites:finance