Chinese New Year Biscuits

2 more weeks…to be exact, is just 16 more days and it’s Chinese New Year! Have you get your new shirts and dress or even new shoes? For me, neh i did not go shopping this year, because last year’s CNY wearing there were some which i did not have chance to wear it, so leave it for this year’s, keke :P When think of CNY sure will think of softdrinks, angpau, fireworks (thanks to those noob who make their own fireworks creation and blast themselves), gamble, biscuits, lion dance etc, but the main topic here now is Chinese New Year Biscuits. So..which of you out there still making your own Chinese New Year biscuits?

Me and my mom also my sister used to make our own CNY biscuits…3 person doing together so during that time we make A LOT! But ever since my sister was married and i started working, the portion of CNY biscuit we make had slowly reduced because just left my mom who is doing it, if i happens to be there when my mom is making it of course i will help lah, just yesterday, my mom was doing this chocolate fudge cookie (i seriously doesn’t know the name of it), nope i did not do all those preparations and all those mixing stuffs (i don’t know all these wan lah!), all i did was just helping her to do the finishing! Put all shredded groundnuts on top on those cookies while the choc fugde was still in liquid form. kekekke, is an important task arr~~

When comes to CNY, there’s 2 types of biscuits which i always craved for it! One is the Kuih Kapit, we used to make this biscuit our own, but is too troublesome to make it..so we stop it since 3 – 4 years ago. So we have to get from outside if we want to eat it

Another i don’t know the english name, but we call it “Bee Nest” in chinese. Man i seriously LOVE THIS! Every year i sure eat a lot!! But again…did not make this starting for this year. Again the troublesome of the process…need to stay infront of the fire for more than 3 hours just to make it. :(

So guys…any favourite Chinese New Year biscuit?

Kitkat said during January 21st, 2008 at 12:08 pm

The CNY biscuits look absolutely delicious!

Nux said during January 21st, 2008 at 2:47 pm

i like the bee nest alot! but unfortunately not making any and not buying it as well…
nowadays i oni fry ‘arrowhead’ (ngaku)…
meanwhile most cookies are to be purchased from shops/stalls.

Aeres said during January 21st, 2008 at 3:26 pm

“….When think of CNY sure will think of softdrinks, angpau, fireworks …, gamble, biscuits, lion dance etc…”

No. Just AngPau.

leo said during January 21st, 2008 at 3:48 pm

yummy yummy..
i think depress time should eat some sweet sweet stuff gua..
i wan to eat~~~~

Edward Khoo said during January 21st, 2008 at 4:39 pm

*thanks to those noobs who make their own fireworks creation and blast themselves*

Yeah hope it will blast off their fingers too :evil:

JC said during January 21st, 2008 at 6:23 pm

nowadays dun care whether it’s for Raya or CNY or Deepavali.. that ‘bee nest’ seems to be in any occasion :p and it’s my fave actually. had that during Deepavali when colleagues brought some to office.

Nowadays.. like too troublesome to bake own cookies dah (and hor.. bake so much.. end up sendiri makan.. buat gemuk sendiri je). I’m more of a craker person – like fried shreded yam and fried sliced ‘chi-ku’

pinksterz said during January 22nd, 2008 at 5:19 am

that is the london almond cookies rite if i am not mistaken??

got almond and covered with chocolate and almond on top?

eh one more thing. kuih bakul or something. the orange wan. hahaha. i kenot look at that thing. so like geli, and squishy like that (no offense ar, just my opinion!) xD

AHAHAHA!

HAPPY CNY AH GONG! iWant AngPao! :D

boon said during January 22nd, 2008 at 10:10 am

@Kitkat: oh yeah~~ although it look delicious but have to control ler..is fat and heaty!

@Nux: oh oh, the ngaku is it slice till very thin to fry? and it taste like chips :P

@Aeres: u @!*&#%^!@#

@leo: well, is good also for that, but dun eat too much leh

@Edward Khoo: well, i think they sometimes blast off more than tat :P

@JC: eh? i din know even deepavali also got :O “chi-ku”, sounds very familiar leh…..can’t remember how it looks like :(

@pinksterz: the orangy color thing i think is the name “Ang-Ku” that u mean :D that chocolate thing i also dunno wat’s the name ar, i know inside wrapped with almond, and the top wan i also dunno is almond or groundnut, i just bubuh on it only :P BUT NICE!!!

chingy said during January 22nd, 2008 at 6:07 pm

I LIKE PINEAPPLE TARTS!
XD

I only eat those made by my grandma. I don’t know why. Grew up with it I guess. I like Kuih Kapit and Peanut cookies, and also the one where it’s like tubes geh. =/

Forgot the name.

宝茹 said during January 22nd, 2008 at 8:01 pm

Only think of Ang Pao too, hahahahaha…yay!!!

Ang Pao~~ Ang Pao~~ Only think of Ang Pao~~ :P

And the dragon dance of course!!!

Oh, and the sweet sticky cake and mandarin oranges!!!

Advance Happy CNY!!!

vickie said during January 22nd, 2008 at 10:38 pm

the pineapple biscuit…. very yummy too
see my blog background also changed liow loh

Princess Eileen said during January 22nd, 2008 at 11:21 pm

I crave on angpows more.. Wukakaka the last traditional CNY I remembered celebrating is like 15 years ago? Oh well, my family’s situation, but is all about being with family with CNY, not the location or celebration right?

seraphangel said during January 23rd, 2008 at 12:03 am

just bring all the ang paus, then you can buy all the biscuits you want :D

pinksterz said during January 23rd, 2008 at 10:47 am

you did NOT reply to MY LAST LINE in my previous comment.

no i go double it up. MUST GIVE ME TWO ANG PAOs!!! send to my address or transfer to my account xD

Nux said during January 23rd, 2008 at 11:35 pm

yes, those thin sliced ngaku…my fav chips..

boon said during January 24th, 2008 at 10:36 am

@chingy: i love pineapple tarts also! :D but not the pineapple shape wan, is the flat type. My mom did once before but the job involve is too troublesome also, coz had to fry the pineapple paste :(

@vickie: hahahah, yalah! so damn red!!!! :P

@Princess Eileen: yup, not the place, is about together with the family ;) as long as together with the family, where also not important lah~

@seraphangel: u sux man u!

@pinksterz: hua!! sounds like ah long :P

@Nux: yup, i like too..but usually we dun fry ourselves, we buy it :P

me said during January 25th, 2008 at 8:08 am

how come i didnt know you can make cookies? *face in doubt*

but i remember ‘chalkie’. hehehehe. that white chalkie. tell you sth, that’ll be the classic i shall pass down to my kid den grandkid, then grandgrandkid…etc. you’re the legend, boon boon. hehehe

i want pineapple tarts cookies!! and it’s sooo sad that i even have class during CNY! T_T

why why why

boon said during January 28th, 2008 at 11:28 am

@me: zzzz.. the evil u all……who come have class on CNY? so meaning u are not coming bak during CNY?

Crystal said during January 29th, 2008 at 10:37 am

Craving for cny cookies le… i want pineapple tart!!!!! Hopefully my house will have lots when I go back this time :P

huei said during February 5th, 2008 at 1:55 pm

woah!! u have to make them look so good!!!

I WANNN!!!!!!!!!

I WAN CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iCalvyn said during February 6th, 2008 at 7:35 pm

dude, you make me hungry la… if eat much will get sick 1 lo… very scare during CNY…

Julian Melkiezevech said during November 19th, 2008 at 1:04 pm

Hello webmaster. I am going to check it, since I saw a comment in another site regarding “Chinese New Year Biscuits”. Someone related to how to make chocolate biscuits. Thanks anyway.

Anna said during January 2nd, 2009 at 1:39 pm

CAn I please please please have the recipe for the bee’s nest? Thank you

evelyn said during January 13th, 2011 at 3:54 pm

ohh.. looks so delicious.. Can I please have the recipe for the bee’s nest too? Thank you so much

jeccy said during February 5th, 2013 at 11:17 pm

I love bee’s nest and I am craving for it. Can I have the recipe please? Thank you so much.

Promosi Zalora said during August 1st, 2013 at 2:06 am

Mmmm saya rasa .. blog awak memang terbaik dalam kupasan nie…. tahniah…