Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs

80s babies…does the above logo rings u any bell? or does it brings u back some memories? During our time back when we (who were born on the 80s) were still a kiddo, we don’t have Astro, we can’t afford to own a PC (not like kids at this century), so our media entertainment really depends on RTM1, RTM2, TV3 and some with Metrovision. Kids, all we watched were cartoon that time, and Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs was also one of my favourite! Geez, i don’t dare to download it and watch it again after this incident on Thundercats

Din’t really know how the story was, just know that it was the battle between the Star Sheriffs and the bad guys call Outriders, well still kids during that time and the heck i want to know about when it happen and how it happened. However i still recall the characters inside though.

Saber Rider

Saber Rider, leader of the Star Sheriffs. Expert in swords and ride with the robot horse name – Steed

April

April, didn’t really know her ability but just remember she was very concern on Ramrod, so i guess she act as the engineer of Ramrod? anyway, she has a same robot horse as Sabar Rider, name Nova which is in Pink Color

Fireball

Fireball, Champion of the car racing with his racing car Red Fury

Colt

Colt, dressed in a cowboy style, a sharp shooter. Pilot his own flying machine name Bronco Buster

Ramrod

Last but not least, Ramrod, the Star Sheriffs ultimate weapon. U might not know, the voice on Ramrod is the same as the voice of Optimus Prime, Peter Cullen

I like this cartoon because of the drawings was cool at that point in time and probably still cool at this very moment. Also the theme song, very damn nice! So, i included that song in this post so that everybody can listen to it and dig some old memories of urs from ur brain πŸ˜‰

[audio:http://boonage.pjss2.net/media/audio/saberrider.mp3]
Support Original

usws said during February 19th, 2008 at 4:22 pm

“we donÒ€ℒt have Astro, we canÒ€ℒt afford to own a PC (not like kids at this century)” – Don’t lah say until so cham, it’s not like you guys knew what PCs or Astro were at the time. You can’t long for something that isn’t there, can you? LOL!

What incident with the Thundercats? It sounded like you loved that show. Ahahaha! Anyhow, don’t remember ever seeing this cartoon (although Thundercats was one of my favourites). In fact, i was thinking of some other cartoon, the one which also has a cowboy but whose horse is a robotic one that talks. Ahaha!

BYE!

p.s. B.B.B.!
p.s.p.s. In 50 years, I’ll be the one telling my kids that we didn’t have holographic virtual reality sets back in 2008. We were so pitiful then, only had Astro and PCs! AHAHAHA!

Ecl!5oNz said during February 19th, 2008 at 9:18 pm

omg…
u juz brought back my memory…
i think i used to watch it when i was an innocent kid… XD
coz the robot looks familiar to me… πŸ˜›

Yatz said during February 20th, 2008 at 2:40 am

usws >> i think the 1 u talking is Bravestarr

Saber Rider was 1 of my faves..check out youtube..

boon said during February 20th, 2008 at 10:31 am

@usws: hahaahah, ur right πŸ˜‰ is this showing that our world had changed or malaysia has improved?:P

@Ecl!5oNz: hahhaha, innocent kid pula!!

@Yatz: lolz, i din even recall it when usws describe it, now once see the name, really looks familiar πŸ˜›

Cometh said during February 21st, 2008 at 9:55 am

Hell yeah, this is one of my favorites…… I am a tv nerd when I am a kiddo….now evolved to PC nerd… =p

boon said during February 21st, 2008 at 2:25 pm

hahahha, now i totally ignore TV already..

JC said during February 21st, 2008 at 10:29 pm

Oh My…. This was my favourite leh… summor can still remember the song.. :p

I find Colt the funniest in the show.

me said during February 22nd, 2008 at 7:50 am

why never I watched any of these before?! why?

boon said during February 22nd, 2008 at 11:57 am

@JC: i like the song a lot leh!

@me: u different wan lah, i always said that u are weird din i? πŸ˜›

seraphangel said during February 22nd, 2008 at 11:44 pm

actually it still looks rather cool to me right now πŸ˜€

aronil said during February 25th, 2008 at 3:35 pm

Hahaha i remember this cartoon! I quite liked it as a kid. In fact i thought saber rider was pretty cute hehe. Fireball as much as i love red he annoyed me. πŸ˜› Hahahah thanks for putting up the music man.. it sounds so lame but brings back childhood memories

manshadow said during February 27th, 2009 at 6:00 pm

this cartoon make`s me remember when i was young.it`s like give back nostalgia to me.

manshadow said during February 27th, 2009 at 6:01 pm

how i can download this cartoon from internet ?? it`s the way to do it ??