The Battle of the Rivals – MAS vs AirAsia

If u read newspaper these few days, surely u will notice there’s this Air Tickets Ads stated RM 0 air fare to all domestic routes. Yup, that’s the Everyday Low Fares promotion or so called 0 Fare. I first notice this through the newspaper ads, there was this one fine day when i flipped the newspaper as what i did normally, and saw this AirAsia ads on their air fare on the short border of the newspaper page, with their usual red color of course. Then after flipping a few pages, another full page Ads with whole AirAsia red color background, with all the RM 0 fare domestic flight. Then i look to the bottom of the page : “Eh??” this is the reaction i had when i saw the bottom of the Ads, the red color was teared and appeared a light blue color as background and there written – only at Malaysia Airlines – FlyFlyz.

After i see this ads, i was thinking – “hmm…surely AirAsia gonna react on this ads campaign”. No Doubt! After 2 days after i saw that ads, yesterday i saw an ads from AirAsia!

AirAsia came out with the campaign title – Even Lower Than 0 Fare to backfire…u know who. Their description of this campaign is funny

AirAsia, the true low fare airline, provides the lowest fares for all flights in our extensive route network, both domestic and international. We boast a spanking new aircraft fleet, great in-flight food and friendly service without compromising on our safety standards. You have to admit, it’s a bargain!

Smart consumers know the difference. Get your calculator out and start doing the math.
Calculators don’t lie.

Put Nuffnang and Advertlets aside. Maxis vs Digi, Gintell vs Osim, Tesco vs Giant vs Carrefour etc. Competitors and Rivals really force the designers’ brain liquid to push to their limits, lolz but in the end, the most happy is the users, and Now..the airfare is really damn cheap, but still is up to users to decide on which they prefer, budget or comfort.

Keong said during May 9th, 2008 at 7:45 pm

More price war will only benefit us…. is good thing….

Nux said during May 10th, 2008 at 12:49 am

we do enjoy all these competitions…

levian said during May 10th, 2008 at 9:41 am

definitely one huge tv show for the rest of us. XD

cHrIstInA_YY said during May 11th, 2008 at 8:48 am

Yay, I’ll go for comfort instead but not too expensive though =P the cheaper they go, the happy we are =D

boon said during May 11th, 2008 at 8:49 pm

@Keong: lolz, fisherman gets both the clams

@Nux: hahhaha, yup 😛

@levian: hehhehe, looking fwd on the next backfire 😛

@cHrIstInA_YY: me too! ^^

Boonage » Blog Archive » The Battle of the Rivals - MAS vs AirAsia 2 said during May 12th, 2008 at 12:50 pm

[…] week i talked about The Rival Battle between MAS and AirAsia, and i made a comment yesterday that i was looking forward on the backfire from MAS. Today, i […]

kimmeng said during May 17th, 2008 at 5:44 am

found this calculation done to compare who’s acherly cheaper

MAS ELF

Total 25kg luggage = RM30
Express boarding = RM10
Food = RM7 (Maggi)
Water = RM4
Total = RM93.50

hong said during August 9th, 2008 at 4:17 pm

But AirAsia always delay. Not good.
If the delay can save my life, I still accept the delay. But, if the delay of flight is due to non-critical situation like not enough passengers, I cannot accept such reason. They must carry us on time even not enough passenger.

Last time when my uncle go to Johor Bharu, the original flight was at 4.xxpm But the flight was canceled just because of not enough passenger. AirAsia push my uncle into the flight at 10.xxpm. Alamak, six hours is terrible. AirAsia was wasting my uncle’s six hours time. They are selfish. From that day onwards, I told myself that I should never book AirAsia flight for the rest of my life.

And, also, one other thing is when I call AirAsia’s call centre for asking something, I always hearing the message “sales agent is till busy” and waited for 20 minutes. Then I get angry and hangout. Wasting my money to call them.

I will always the fan of Malaysia Airlines.

Somunaido a/l Nookaiah said during November 12th, 2008 at 2:08 am

Would like to take 6 free air asia tickets announced today (11th November 2008) by the c.E.O. Dato’ Tony Fernandez in t.v. 3 at 12.00 midnight broadcast for travelling next year.

Kindly help me to get it.

N. Somunaido
012-2428631/03-61562857

jamal said during November 21st, 2008 at 4:59 pm

i’ve call airasia call centre using 0387754000 for call within malaysia today. the answering voice machine just keep telling me to wait until there are available customer service officer. i’ve waiting until more then 10 minutes and suddenly no more connection. it is because my phone prepaid credit have been deduct from $28.19 to only 26 cent left. they stole my $27.93 just using their phone line. to make it worst, i’ve not yet talk to their customer service and they already charged $27.93. wtf . so anybody who wish to call their call center…. just forget it.. it is better to buy a lot of food for your stomach than be cheated like me

james said during March 14th, 2009 at 12:03 pm

but what about the cancelled flights, delays and poor customer service. Hard to put a price on that.