Think Twice Before Making A Donation to the Unknown

The Sze Chuan Earthquake and the Myanmar Cyclone disasters were the hot topic ever since it happended in May. In order to help the disaster relief, many organizations had been running couple of donation drive hope to raise some fund for this purpose. Kind hearted people like us will definitely help and donate if we are able or afford to. However, i hate to say this but there are certain among our people or private organization that often hold a donation by the name of helping the victim of these disaster, but actually appears to be a scam. Money which donate to their account did not reach the disaster area and would never ever reach, rather into their very own pocket.

So an advise to everyone of u out there, if anybody approach u for any donation even with any certificate or anything that could proof their identity, think twice before giving them your hard earn money that might possibly end up for nothing but their evil grin on you. If you truely want to donate to them, get their organization address and go straight to their place to make sure it is reliable or not then only u pass the donation money to them, and this is what me and my family do. It could be troublesome but it’s better than having the money go into these earth rubbish’s hand.

Keong said during June 9th, 2008 at 1:27 pm

Let us all condemn the evil of the earth by cheating people charity heart and money!!

cc said during June 9th, 2008 at 1:48 pm

These people area the lowest of scums. May they rot in hell.
The best way is to donate directly to Red Cross.

keeyit said during June 10th, 2008 at 10:04 pm

Agreed.. must think twice.. coz you never know that whether the money that you donate will go to Sizhuan or not..

Nux said during June 10th, 2008 at 11:23 pm

yea, i dun trust those ppl (asking for donation) on the streets anymore…

eruditesays said during June 11th, 2008 at 10:11 am

pls link me. i have added you already

Aeres said during June 12th, 2008 at 9:04 am

Those people who insists on asking for donations when I’m having my lunch/dinner in the restaurants annoys me to no end, genuine or not.

What does a man have to do to enjoy his meal without any disturbance?

levian said during June 15th, 2008 at 5:26 pm

there are so much fake ones out there !!
*annoyed*

Nastasshea@Nesh said during June 16th, 2008 at 2:21 pm

Same here.. I NEVER give any money to those people walking around with file folders and their memebrship card. I just tell them that I donate straight to organization. I only donate to those old people or crippled ppl that walks around or sit on the walkway. I pity them.. even there are cases where ppl catch them and force them to beg, I still give my money knowing that if they dun meet their quota they will face consequences when the ppl collect them back at the end of the day. Oh I also dun donate to monks too… it’s wrong.

amei79 said during July 4th, 2008 at 1:12 pm

u r rite. prefer donate thru those known charity organization instead to those liar strangers who dont know how to write the word “æ­» “!

there are so many fake lama or monk out there holding a “bowl” asking 4 $…that “bowl” only 4 food, not 4 $.
the fake lama or monk may have a sport shoe on their legs too, isnt it suppose to be naked?